Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jul 1997 06:23:14 -0500
From:         John Gladu <jgladu@BCM.TMC.EDU>
Subject:      WTB: headlight and mirror

In an attempt to help the US balance of trade, I'd like to find a right low-beam lens assembly and a right power mirror housing for an '89. That's $420US at the dealer.

Any out there for substantially less than that?

The headlight had a rock hole in it and water got in. I removed it and crazy-glued a small piece of mica over the hole. Then I put a 20W halogen lamp next to the lens to dry it out, with the 9006 bulb removed so it could vent. I had it glass-down with the light about one ince away. After about 15 minutes I heard a noise from the headlight assembly. Headlight assemblies are not ordinarily noise-producing items. The glass of the lens had cracked, diagonally from corner to corner. So I dropped crazy-glue on the new crack... Gonna need a new one now *sigh* and I'd like to avoid giving the dealer $160US...

I'm going to drill a longitudinal hole through the broken mirror housing to hold it on, sans wires. I paid less for The Bozobus itself than that mirror assembly costs...

bcnu - Grungy (John Gladu) (Houston, TX) Opinions are just that INTERNET: jgladu@bcm.tmc.edu VOICE: 713-997-1117 '60 dddPanel walk-thru (The Bozobus)-----resting - melting 1600dp---- '89 Vanagon GL----------------------------good!----------------------- '90 Vanagon GL----------------------------good!----------------------- '68 & '69 Bugs--(Frunobulax & Bertha)-----on vacation (engineless)----