Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:51:25 PDT
From:         Thomas J Vargo <tjvargo@EFAWEST.NAVFAC.NAVY.MIL>
Subject:      LIST VALUE

As a long time list lurker, can only manage the digest form, I wanted to write and thank the list for the help I have received and congratulate it on the change over. I recently decided to put in a new longblock in my tired 1984 Westy. After installation, actually the second time but that is another story, it ran but had no power on hills and stumbled on acceleration. I decided to change the plugs and found that the old ones were heavily carboned and fouled. Ah ha, I read something about that, I disconnected the O2 sensor and sure enough ran great. I bought an new generic Bosch sensor and installed it. The same symptoms appeared, no power on hills. Disconnect the new sensor and everything was fine again. Ah ha, I also read about this, check the coaxial cable and sure enough it was shorting out the O2 sensor. After trimming back the shielded wire it works fine. I still have the feeling that it did run slightly better with the sensor disconnected but perhaps that is the price of cleaner air. I still have no idea what happen to the coaxial cable to cause the short since the only thing I did was to disconnect it. In any case, the point of the message was to thank the list for making what otherwise would have been a complete mystery, solvable. ------------- Original Text >From: Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@GERRY.SDSC.EDU>, on 7/21/97 12:00 AM: BeyondMail(R). This message is too large to be displayed entirely in the message body. Please see the attachment beyond.txt.