Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jul 1997 08:47:43 -0700
From:         "Christopher M. Smith" <csmith@SDSC.EDU>
Subject:      VANAGON list Update

Well, we've survived our first five days. The list changeover from lenti to gerry went rather seamlessly, although there were momemnts Friday and Saturday when I was reconsidering what I was getting myself into. Most, if not all, of our initial admin headaches were related to DEAD and full mail-box accounts. For the time being (til' Ron, Gerry and I adopt some new admin policies), all accounts which bounce mail due to full-mail boxes are 'quietly DELETED after the 2nd day. I'm pretty conscienscious about ALL my work (paid and unpaid) and reading ALL the error messages that come my way is included. Who knows, someone may have a legitimate concern/problem.

IF you are going to be away from email for any period of time, I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND that you set your subscription options to 'NONMAIL'. This does not unsubscribe you, but tells the listserv not to deliver mail. You can then restart mail delivery with a follow-up message, 'MAIL'.

My apologies for not having a better WELCOME/INSTRUCTIONAL PACKAGE sent to everyone at the time of the changeover. Ron did put something together initially and has deligently been making additions. Part of this message and a cheat-sheet were posted by Ron and Gerry a day or so ago. PLEASE take time to read them, they are IMPORTANT.

Your cheerful neighborhood list admin ...

Chris

San Diego Supercomputer Center P.O. Box 85608 San Diego, California 92186-5608 (619) 534-8370 (office) csmith@sdsc.edu

P.S. Does anyone know how much disk space (mailbox room) COMPUSERVE clients get with their accounts ?