Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:01:00 -0400
From:         Karen Winter <cen13504@CENTURYINTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: 84 Westi GL Wolfsburg

Stephen Davis wrote: > > Hey Folks, > I just signed back onto the list after a 2 month absence and I am > continuing my search for "the perfect Westi". There is a diesel for sale > in my area and it sounds very nice. It has 100,000 miles on it with an > engine rebuild within the last 10,000 miles. The fuel distributer and > alternator have been replace within the last 5000 miles. The body sounds > great with little or no rust (it has been stored winters). The interior > has a few stains and no rips. I have 2 questions: > > 1. What do list members think the general price range should be > (Kelly Blue Book puts it around $4000)? > > 2. How difficult and expensive is it to put a gas power plant into > the van if the diesel is to slow? > > I really appreciate the time people take to answer my questions and > I hope to hear from you soon. > > Thanks, > Stephen > sdavis@maine.maine.edu

I have a 1984, Gl, Westy, Wolfburg in mint condition. The interior is beautiful. The tables are all present and the Refrig works on AC-DC-propane. The body is tan over Brown. It is in exellent condition. It needs nothing other than a coolent change. The AC has been recently retrofitted to r132a and blows cold. I am asking $8000 firm. If you are serious about buying a mid 80s Vanagon, you will buy this one when you see it. I am located near Knoxville TN. Drop me a note or call. I have pictures if you would like to see them.

The van has 64,000 original miles. The PO put a in new clutch, clutch master cylinder, and muffler. The power steering rack has been replaced. It has recently had a tune up consisting of an oil change, plugs, wires, distributor, and fuel filter. The canvas is in excellent condition. The top seal has been cleaned and reattached. The shifter linkages were resently cleaned, greased and re-adjusted. The AM-FM cassettee player work well with no static. Because the van is a Wolfsburg it has the third center passenger seat. It will seat 6 with seat belts and 8 if they really like each other. The PO put new tires on the van about 2000 miles ago. This van is beautiful. WHY am I selling? I have found a Syncro Westy I would love to have. My SO says 3 Vw at one time is enough. I must sell one to bring home another. This van is my 13 Vw, I don't buy junk and I maintain them like a fine piece of equipment that they are.

1-800-264-6757 Kenneth L. Winter

Kenneth L. Winter