Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Jul 1997 21:13:52 +0100
From:         Malcolm Bebb <bebb@EMBETECH.DEMON.CO.UK>
Subject:      Tailgate Awnings from Bonny Scotland

Hi,

I've just seen a report of a firm making tent/awnings that fit at the back of a car, van, 4x4, camper etc.

The firm is Caranex. Their address is:

Caranex Ltd, Cuan Ferry Isle of Seil By Oban Argyll Scotland PA34 4RB Tel 01852 300 258 (44 1852 etc from outside UK)

They have a simple colour scheme, Light/Dark Brown, Light/Dark Brown or ..., well I'll let you guess. Price range is 250 to 280 UK pounds.

Now the slopey shoulders bit - I have no other knowledge of, or connection with, this outfit. I don't know if they export or send brochures overseas. If you mention my name when you contact them you probably won't get any discount and they won't know who the hell I am...

(But if you do contact them please mention the British Camping and Caravanning Club, the source of this snippet).

Another pissibolity, this time for a _side_ awning, is:

Autocamp, Johns Cross Motor Caravan & Camping Centre, Battle Road, Robertsbridge, East Sussex UK, TN32 5JJ Tel 01580 881288

They have one model, price 280 UKP basic, 80 for inner tent, 115 more for groundsheet. (Same info source) -- Malcolm

Malcolm Bebb bebb@embetech.demon.co.uk Tel/Fax (44) 01202 772162 Test Solutions ATE User Documentation Mobile 0468 377456