Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jul 1997 08:31:15 -0600
From:         Carl Hansen <Carl_Hansen@ATK.COM>
Subject:      Re: programmable relay

SyncroBeast re>> programmable relay re: Programable Relay.

I went out and got the programable relay I bought a couple of years ago (357-955-531), and actually installed it in the SyncroBeast. Wow, it works. Press down to activate, pull up immediately, press down again at the interval you wish to have wiper operate. I guess it's time to do more than: buy, place in glove box, let time pass.

per my friendly local VW parts gnomes: Part Number - 357-955-531 superceeded - 1HM-955-531C variable interval Cost from VW - $35 Cost from somewhere else - $don't know, not had opertunity to ask.

fixed interval - 1HM-955-531 Don't want this one, it's fixed, original.

Don't forget to ask for you 15% VW club discount.

I haven't actually tried the iHM superceeded unit, but I do trust the gnomes at West Side. Is the original thread person who mentioned that he thought the 531C was fixed sure of that???? (Keep in mine the operating instructions above.)

p.s. Just saw the Pikes Peak race on ESPN2. Is that awsome or what. Dig that Kenworth kickin ass up the hill. If VW makes a 4wd, maybe they ought to see if they can steal Rod Millen from Toyota??? huh, huh, hmmm???? Can't you just see some kick butt powered Syncro truckin up the hill? I've done some dirt road rallying in mine, and with a little practice you can get the unit to do a decent 4 wheel drift. Of course, my navigator was a little nervous, but he usually is when I get goin full tilt boogie.

Ch

'89 Syncro Beast '87 GTI 16V '86 Scirocco (SO's)