Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jul 1997 02:30:30 -0500
From:         Max and/or Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@INTELLINET.COM>
Subject:      Re: wonderwagon friday funny

Being a transplanted Yankee(or Midwesterner from IA) in the early 70's, I'll give credit to the originator of the friday funny. Ibelieve that is a Jerrry Clowers joke originally about Marcell Ledbetter's relative named "Tater" as he was ogling at an expensive Mera Sadie's Binz. Tater was on his moped. The only thing lost in the modification of the story is Mr. Clowers eloquent use of the Southern language so aptly documented by the late Lewis Grizzard.

By the way, the new list is awesome and I'll do my part to unsubscribe when I split for a couple of weeks on vacation.

Max Wellhouse(no jokes on this please) 90 GL and hopefullly soon to be added 90 Wolfsburg Carat

---------- > From: D.Belick <mmoguls@HOOKED.NET> > To: Vanagon@GERRY.SDSC.EDU > Subject: wonderwagon friday funny > Date: Thursday, July 24, 1997 11:00 PM > > > > >> Hi All, > >> > >> This one is pretty funny.......edited for VW relevence... > >> ------------ > >> > >> A man goes out and buys the best vehicle available in the US or Europe, a > >> 1991 Vanagon with a Subaru engine swap. It is the fastest and most expensive > >> vehicle in the world(well, at least in repair costs:>). He takes it out > >>for a >> spin and, while doing so,stops for a red light. An old man on > >>a moped, > >> looking about 90 years old, pulls up next to him. > >> > >> The old man looks over the sleek, shiny surface of the vehicle and asks, > >> "What kind of van ya got there, sonny?" > >> > >> The dude replies, "A 1991 Vanagon with a Subaru motor. They cost $500,000!" > >> (well ,they do if you buy parts at the dealer, right? hey go with > >> the story, OK?) > > > >> "That's a lotta money!" says the old man, shocked. "Why does it cost so > >> much?" "Cause this van can do up to 320 miles an hour!" states the cool dude > >> proudly (well, off a cliff, maybe). > >> > >> The old man asks, "Can I take a look inside?" > >> > >> "Sure," replies the owner. So the old man pokes his head in the window > >> and looks around. Leaning back on his moped, the old man says, "That's a > >> pretty nice van, alright!" > >> > >> Just then the light changes, so the guy decides to show the old man what > >> his van can do. He floors it, and within 15 seconds the speedometer reads > >> 320.(wow!) > >> > >> Suddenly, the guy notices a dot in his rear view mirror. It seems to be > >> getting closer! > >> > >> Whhhoooooooooossssshhhhhh! Something whips by him! Going maybe 3 times > >> as fast! > >> > >> The guy pulls over to the side of the road, totally confused, and wonders > >> what on earth could be going faster than his modified vanagon! Then, up > >> ahead of him, he sees a dot coming towards him like a bat out of hell! > >> > >> Whooooooooooosh! It goes by again and it sort of looks like the old man > >> on the moped! That couldn't be, the guy thinks. How could a moped outrun a > >> Subaru/Vanagon? Again, he sees a dot coming towards him in his rear view > >> mirror! > >> > >> Whooooooooshhhhhhhh Ka-BlaMMMMM! It plows into the back of his van, > >> demolishing the rear end(and the subaru motor to boot). > >> > >> The guy jumps out, and be damned if it isn't the old man! Of course, > >> the moped is smashed all over the place and the old man is hurting for > >> certain. The guy runs up to the old man and asks "You're hurt bad! Is there > >> anything I can do for you?" > >> > >> The old man replies "Yeah - unhook my suspenders from your side-view > >> mirror..." > >> > >> > >> Hope this version makes you laugh as much as the original did me... > > > >> --Dan > > 84 adventurewagon - un-named and built to stay that way > >> > >>**************************************************************************