Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 09 Jul 1997 10:51:06 +0200
From:         zeidler@NTCNTG02DU.ntc.nokia.com (Zeidler Helmut NTC/Dusseld.)
Subject:      Re: FS 85 vw camper 6-cyl diesel 5-spee

>>yup. that's what it says: >> >>"1985 Discovery Volkswagen Camper, LT400, imported, self-contained, loaded, >> new motor, 6-cyl., diesel, 5 spd., 18 mpg, brakes, tires, winch, shower, >> stove, sleeps 5, many extras, parts, all paper work, parts all avail. in >> US, $18,700 obo (818) 735-7963" >> >>which is, i think, a Burbank, CA area code. this is the much larger van, >>built by VW and MAN (of Austria). it looks somewhat like the Vanagon/T3, >>but is larger. an LT400 (they start at LT250, i think) is a BIG truck. :) >> >>might be worth a look-see, if you live in the area. :)

>For those east coasters who might be interested in a LT series motorhome >also, there's one for sale in Jersey. Cheaper too, I think. It may actually >be at the Atco NJ (Hotco :<) VW show this coming sunday the 13th. >I'll be there gettin burned to a crisp, as usual.....

The LT series vehicles are referenced as LT 30, LT 35, LT 40. The number specify the maximum total weight of the vehicle, LT 40 is specified for 4 tons.

Even the 6 Zylinder seems not to be the original one. The LT is equipped with AUDI 5 Cyl.. engines. I may be wrong and have to check the leaflets.

Helmut '80 Camper