Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jul 1997 21:56:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Zephyr2546@aol.com
Subject:      help on gas fridge problem

Hi Y'all! Any Dometic Fridge repair help out there? Here's the problem.... My 182B Dometic runs great on AC, DC, and starts okay on propane. But on propane, it doesn't get very cold. on AC and DC, it freezes ice in about 2 hours.. No Way on propane....

I've changed the thermostat, cleaned the burner jet, air intake and exhuast tubes, and burner assembly housing. I've put on a new propane regulator and had it calibrated at 11 lbs per the manual. I've checked for any leaks, and there aren't any.. On my other van, the fridge works great on all functions, and when on propane, I can hear a loud rumble of the burner assembly through the flue vent.. On this puppy, I can hear a faint rumble, like it's not going to high flame.... What to do? When in a remote area for long stay, you need propane operation to work correctly. I've also talked to the tech guys at Dometic in Indiana, but they don't seem any more helpful than the owner's manual, and every suggestion they made, I did as above. I think I need the real Zen Master of Dometic Fridge Karma to help me...... Thanks for any replies...

Ron Katz, Owner of White Cloud, (89 Westy), and Proud Caretaker of Mikey, The Genuine, Original Ozark Moutain Wonder Dog and Griz Chaser... Germantown, Tenn.

Also, seller of Grey Cloud,,, (87 Westy in excellent shape ex fridge problem)