Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jul 1997 12:43:01 -0700
From:         Ron Lussier <coyote@zuni.likeminds.com>
Subject:      Re: Ceiling Glue

At 01:04 PM 7/10/97 -0500, Kelly Bauman wrote: >I am trying to repair the velcro inside cover for the skylight on my '91 >Westy. The velcro strips have come loose from the ceiling of the van. I >went to the hardware store yesterday but couldn't find a glue that looked >appropriate. Can anyone recommend the best glue to use in this application >(I believe the ceiling has a foam coating and the velcro strip is nylon(?) >backed so it would be foam to nylon)?

At Joel Walker's suggestion, I used 3M Fast Tack Trim Adhesive, which seems to have worked well. It's specially made for auto trim, and I got a tube at Orchard Supply Hardware. You may also wish to pick up a cheapo brush to apply the adhesive with. I got it all over my fingers, and regretted it for a week.

Coyote -- /\_/\ ____ Ron 'Coyote' Lussier ( ) \ _/__ LikeMinds (408) 865-0657 \ / \X / "Tools that Help People Decide" coyote@likeminds.com \_/ \/ http://www.likeminds.com/