Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jul 1997 22:28:41 +0000
From:         vwbus@netbiz.net
Subject:      Propane Tank - Update

OK the price on the Manchester 8 X 30 is down to $198 but there is some more information, no one's gotten back to me on the dimensions of the late vanagon tank, but this thing may simply be a non VW tank Manchester builds. At 8 X 30, it is nearly twice the volume of my '81 tank and appantly it features some sort of fill level sight glass or gage as I was informed it would be an extra $25 for a side mounted instead of end mounted level gage. Anyway I should be getting a FAX tomorrow with dimensions etc, to look at before I go through the trouble of having the other manufacturer quote us a price. Although the Manchester has flaws, on a new tank they could be overcome by carefully seam sealing the ID tag then giving it all a good coat of auto grade enamel or urethane. Anyone else interested, I've only had tentative interest from about 10 people, for a discount we need to get a few more in line as I'm sure all of the current responders will not buy. We are talking something about twice the volume of the early Vanagon tank, 3 times the volume of the Bus tank, meeting all current NFPA and DOT standards for exterior installation.

John Anderson vwbus@netbiz.net (304)788-3704