Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Jul 1997 02:34:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:         JordanVw@aol.com
Subject:      Re: Best Value Auto Clubs?

In a message dated 97-07-12 00:57:05 EDT, blosskf@ttown.apci.com (Karl Bloss) writes:

<< > Still planning our trip from New Mexico to California and I'm wondering > what opinions ya'll may have on auto clubs like AAA?

I happen to like AAA Plus. I think it's near $70 a year now with the Plus option. 100-mile towing, locksmith services, a couple of >>

Actually, it's cheaper than that - like 56 or 60 bucks per year for the AAAplus.

You wouldnt believe the stuff they've towed for me no questions asked!!! totally illegal cars...(ie. junk parts cars) ...a '75 westy w/ a 10 yr expired inspection w/ no rocker panels (they even pulled it outta the weeds for me!!) and then when one of the dryrotted tires blew up on the freeway he even changed it for me!! (man.. you shoulda seen people get outta the way right quick when that 'ol westy started fish tailing and throwin' chunks of tread all over the place :<).....I slipped him a couple extra bucks for the hassle.. :<) ...a '65 bug w/ NO floors....and the engine sitting INSIDE the bug on a couple of 2x4's laid across the tunnel and what was left of the heater channels.. yep you name it , they've towed it...

Best 60 or so bucks I've spent in a while... :<)

chris