Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Jul 1997 06:37:49 -0500
From:         "Bobby K. Winter" <cen13504@centuryinter.net>
Subject:      TO BUY 87 GL Westy SYNCRO

I have a chance to buy a syncro but I know nothing about the 4-wheel drive unit. Some one with knowledge about Syncro's please contact me ASAP.

423-626-5063 or 1-800-264-6757 9-5 est ask for Kenneth

Or pick a chat room where we can talk??? I have only two days to make a decision. I have already put a deposit on it. Please contact me.

A brief discription follows: The body is perfect. The only outward problem is the rear bumper. It must be replaced( dented). It is grey, with steel rims and chrone bumpers. The van came from PA. There is considerable amount of rust on the brackets and metal parts in the engine bay. The muffler needs to be replaced and the top was torn and patched. The interior is dirty with no holes. The next major concern is the how the 4-wheel drive unit works. Could you tell me how the differentail lock is suppose to work on a VW Van? . The light on the dash was on between the rear wheels indicating 2-wheel drive, but it was obviously in 4-wheel drive by the way it cornered. The tires chirped when cut sharply, is that normal?. I an thinking about buying the van but the expense on the 4-wheel drive unit scares me. Any input would be appreciated!

Kenneth Winter