Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:24:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:         Lon Herman <herman.40@osu.edu>
Subject:      '85 Westie FS Granville, Ohio, $ 950

A Engine has blown head gasket/other unknown malady; blows off coolant hose. Here's the deal: 85 Westie GL, I believe. Full Camper. Automatic. Blaupunkt AM-FM. 200K Miles. One owner. All Books. Air Conditioning.Tan Metallic. It's ALL THERE!

The Good: Interior is near perfect! I'm told everything works well; haven't tried 'fridge, but stove works fine.(Am charging battery - took posession this weekend). No rips or tears on seats, which show very little wear. Cabinets in excellent shape, canvas good, all screens present. Pop-top in VGC, roof vent (with screens in excellent shape, as well. Upolstery in the beige herringbone style. Chassis in excellent condition - some undercoating worn off, but otherwise looks completely solid. No evidence of major collision repair. All accesories present, accounted for, and in excellent shape.

The Bad: Seam rust on driver's side under accessory hook up area, rear hatch slightly deformed in middle, water hook-up area shows rust bubbles, rust around gas cap, passenger rear quarter shows parking lot dents around wheel well. Has been sitting undriven since May. Muffler bad (but other pipes appear solid). Tyres will need to be replaced. Rear windshield wiper missing. Rear bumper dented; caps missing at both front and rear. Cracked front windshield, and usual road rash on front end.

This is a one-owner Westie; a fellow villager, retired dentist, used it to look at birds across the continental US. I don't know him well, but he seems like a nice enuf guy, and claims that all worked well until the engine started to throw coolant hoses. So he sold it to the shop that was working on it (they rebuilt the alternator, put in new coolant hoses, other minor stuff), and I have purchased the vehicle from them.

Before I advertise locally, I thought I'd give the list a chance to respond. This is too nice a vehicle to chop up, IMHO, with an engine and mostly minor stuff, someone could have a nice westie. And the interior is really top rate! (oh yes, the front table appears to be missing, I bet the original owner still has it at home....)

Granville Ohio is about 30 miles east of Columbus, Ohio, on Interstate 70.

If interested, please contact me at 614-587-0852 between 7:00 and 9:00 p.m. Thank you.

Lon Herman