Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jul 1997 08:22:43 -0700
From:         Kelly Bauman <bauman@ican.net>
Subject:      Ceiling Glue/Extra Seats for Westy

Fellow Listees,

Thanks to all those wo offered advice on appropriate glues for reattaching velcro to the ceiling of my Westy. I looked for all of the products mentioned but only found the Weatherstrip Adhesive. So far it seems to have worked great. Will it stand the test of time?

Thanks again to Lloyd Perkins of Lennoxville, QC who sold me the extra 2 seater bench which has made my Westy a six seater (on demand). I installed it for the first time on Sunday. It took about 38 seconds. I unscrewed the cover to the floor rails to find shining new rails already bolted in place. The seat just slides on and off. Cut up some carpet scraps to cover the floorand voila!

This leads me to 2 questions:

1. Can anyone suggest the best grease for lubing the seat rails? Taking them in and out involves a great deal of sliding.

2. Should anyone want the seat rails that came with my spare seat they can be had for the cost of shipping and packaging. They have most if not all of the mounting bolts.

The list served me well. Long live the list. Thanks all.