Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:42:58 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <drew@interport.net>
Subject:      inverter exchange program PC300

The message below worked for me and the new inverter they sent me runs my drills and all kinds of stuff. The original PC300 I bought wouldn't run those loads. So if you purchased A PC300XT send it in for the upgrade replacement.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

July 8, 1997 FROM: Derek Drew 487 Columbus Ave. #3R New York, NY 10024 212-580-4459

TO: Customer Service PTG Industries/Clearline Concepts Corporation 85 Fulton Street Boonton, New Jersey 07005

Enclosed is a PC300XT inverter for exchange for a PC300HS inverter. Enclosed also is a check for $9.95 for shipping and handling, as I was instructed to provide by your office. Also enclosed is my sales receipt.

You asked me on the telephone to include an explanation so here it is: This inverter shuts itself off in less than an hour no matter how small a load was being drawn from it=97even a 20 watt load that I use for a sound= machine. I know the problem is in the design of the PC300XT itself, since I purchased two and they both have the same problem. For this reason, I am taking your suggestion to send it back and exchange it for the PC300HS, which, presumably, will not have this problem.

As you can see on the attached receipt, I purchased two PC300XTs. I have already exchanged one of these for the PC300HS about a month ago. I am enclosing the other one so I can have it changed too.

Sincerely,=20

Derek Drew=20

___________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY drew@interport.net