Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jul 1997 23:58:10 -0700
From:         Rick Gordon <rickgo@halcyon.com>
Subject:      Re: VW Vanagon newsgroup

At 11:50 AM -0700 7/15/97, Robert Tommaselli wrote: > >I called Norcold(800-543-1219) today to get the ignitor part. Norcold gave >me a >number 800-333-1682 for thier parts warehouse. The part is $47.50 and not in >stock. It will take at least 2 weeks to get the part. I have next week >off and was planning to replace the part then. So much for that idea. Has >anyone >actually tried to further insulate the existing wire. How did you do it? Heat >shrink tubing or something like that? >

Shouldnt' it be under warranty?

>I haven't seen anyone putting thier fride model numbers up for inspection. >My fridge model is Norcold 3163G (serial #001662cmgyg4). Is that what you >guys have? > My fridge is Norcold Model #3136G Serial #007144CMGYF5 my furnace is Suburban Model #125 Serial #950303223

I've never had occasion to run the furnace at any significant altitude, or at any extreme of temperature - typically PNW winter weather is 40F and wet. It sure keeps us toasty in that weather! The furnace is kind of weird - if it doesn't ignite you have to shut if off and wait for the fan to cycle off - then restart it. This is some sort of safety feature to prevent gas buildup inside the combustion chamber. (I recall this happening one in my Vanagon - it was kinda scary to hear a 'boom' coming out the exhaust vent!)

As I mentioned previously, I've had the fridge at altitudes between 6000ft and 7000ft and it worked fine on propane. I run it on electric when driving.

let us know if you find out anything specific - especially if there is something related to serial number.

-rick

Rick Gordon Bainbridge Island, WA, USA ------------------------------------- rickgo@halcyon.com http://www.halcyon.com/rickgo/ KC7QEG finger for PGP public key fingerprint -------------------------------------