Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 03 Jul 1997 11:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:         BLAINE_BACHMAN%PL-01M3@ccmail.plk.af.mil
Subject:      FS: '82 Westfalia with waterboxer conversion

Folks-

My local 99% VW wrecking yard is on the verge of selling the subject vehicle - I don't have a price yet as the yard owner is out at the auto auction today.

At any rate, the car was originally a diesel. The engine and tranny have been replaced with an early waterboxer set. The odometer repors less than 90K miles and the body looks to be in average "southwest" shape for the vintage. Camper stuff is original, and I understand the PO drove it in.

When I get time, I'll drop by and take it for a drive and do some more investigating. The price should be more than reasonable based on my past experience (bought a wreck-rebuild Golf 4 years ago). The yard is closed on the 4th and all weekend. If you want to call, I'd recommend you wait until Monday, it's 505-877-6782 (Albuquerque) and talk to Ben (owner - not there today), David, or Rollie.

-Blaine