Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:13:31 -0500 (EDT)
From:         Paul Henderson <pgh@unx.dec.com>
Subject:      Re: the DPO of my Bus was SO LAZY...

> the DPO of my van was SO LAZY that when this happened, (BTW, a 2 minute > repair) they went out and bought a cheapo "stick on" digital clock from > K-mart and stuck it over the digital clock which had been cycling > constantly...... > > well....same DPO took the easy way out and just bypssed the rear htr core > when it starting leaking also...., so I'm not suprised... :<( ( all it was > was the little white plastic relief valve...another 2 minit fix....) >

The DPO of my Bus was so lazy: - when the speedometer was no longer lit up at night, he had a flashlight in the door's map holder to shine on the speedometer. He proudly showed it to me, and threw it in with the purchase ("You'll be needing this!"). (two minute fix... lift cover, put bulb holder back into clip) - when the license plate lights went out, he cut the wires to them and ran a wire from the tail light to a bumper mounted after-market (cheap) marker light (two minute fix, clean corrosion from the bulb ends) - when the catch for the driver's door broke, so that the door swung out freely, he attached a bungie cord from the door handle to a vent under the dash. Also thrown in with purchase. (catch is $32 from VW, installation takes 10 minutes)

Paul Henderson '84 Vanagon base model (138K)