Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jul 1997 04:31:59 -0500
From:         Jennifer Sarantites <buran01@ibm.net>
Subject:      Parody Stuff

All,

"Why haven't there been any parodies for the last two weeks?" you ask. Lots of reasons, the first being that I'm going to be moving to Florida at the end of the month and transferring to another college. (Stetson University in De Land, Florida; if anyone has any personal knowlege of it or knows someone who has, I'd love to know.)

However, I've got something even better! If you wander over to http://www.type2.com/songs, you'll get both a look at the new type2 page design as well as access to mp3s and text of earlier parodies. Note that the icons along the left side of the page will NOT necessarily link anywhere yet until the entire site is converted to the new layout. The new page layout will be implemented as soon as Ken Hooper completes work on the next type2 "feature" (which was to have been BOBR, but I haven't heard any progress reports from him...)

There probably won't be a parody this week, either; I might write one next week if there's time. (No promises.)

"What's an mp3?" Well, it's a way to encode entire songs (radio or CD quality) into a file size suitable for downloading. You'll need a player to play the files, but there are links on the page to players for DOS, Windows 3.x/95, Mac, Linux, and Amiga. Perfect for those of you who have never heard these songs but don't want to purchase an entire $17 CD. (Since these files could be taken as copyright violations, however, please buy the CD if you deem the song good enough.) The mp3 files on this page are not in stereo to conserve disk space and to discourage people from using these files exclusively rather than buying the CD.

Please don't abuse this resource. I don't want to have to remove the files because some lawyer complains...

Feedback welcome, as always.

- J