Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Aug 1997 17:38:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:         JordanVw@aol.com
Subject:      Matamoras VW show...WHAT A BLAST!!  (f)

well folks, I'm just reporting on the "Tri State VW Expo" at Tri State Campground in Matamoras, Pa.. It was a great show, weather was beautiful (a little muggy, but..) sun was out on the beautiful Delaware river.... Yes...It took me 2 hrs to drive there, and we were the first ones to get there.. well, not many good deals in the swap meet area, unfortuneately... and as far as the show, I'm happy to say, that I personally took first place in all the show classes, (exept for a couple from Va on their way back from New England in a white '84 westy who had absolutely no idea they were in a VW show.... "Huh...what's a VW show??" ) Well, I was kinda miffed about the attendance....though....... Usually you need some VW's to have a VW show... :<)

What the heck happened?? when was the show cancelled?? jeez, you would think the promotors would at least put the word out on the Net about the cancellation.. some people drive quite a few miles to ge to these things...

(I bet that poor couple vacationing there in the campground in their '84 westy have been approached by quite a few miffed show-goers this morn asking "Where's the VW show??".....)

Well, fess up people, I doubt I was the only one to show up there today.... gr&%$#@ woke up at 5 am for nothin...

chris