Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:02:00 -0400
From:         Karen Winter <cen13504@CENTURYINTER.NET>
Subject:      PO point of view

Fellow List Members: I never thought I would be a PO (previous owner). The new owner of my beloved Brown and tan 84 Westy arrives tonight from another state. I can only hope she cares for it as I have. Well not quite that much, SO says I spent more time with the Westy than with her. I just say " I usually take you along, don't I" She just grins and climbs in as we heads off on another adventure. The VW gods may strike me down, but I looked at a Mini Motor home yesterday. It was a small unit on a Toyoto ( no flogging please) one ton frame. I love VWs, but the A/C, generator and Bathroom are desirable options. The SO suggested looking at C class motorhomes. A little money in your pocket is a dangerous thing. Motorhomes Are Expensive. A 25' 1980 model C class costs over $10,000. It was then that I remembered the draw of the Vanagon, Efficiency. I was always amazed by how much stuff I could pack in my Westy and still have room for a canoe and bikes. Two things that I learned is if you own a motorhome you can write the interest off as a second home. The second is that VW vanagon qualfies as a RV with some insurance companys. After talking to my StateFarm agent my insurance cost went from $195 per 6 month to $138 per year. Well worth the time to check out. I saved $276 in twenty minutes.

My search goes own for a replacent for my Westfalia. What it will be time will tell.

Thank you for listening to my saga.

Kenneth Winter