Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Aug 97 12:29:34 EDT
From:         Christopher Low <chrilow@enoreo.on.ca>
Subject:      Eurobago Frige Fix

Howdy....

We took our van in to get the fridge fixed since it wouldn't ignite or the green light would flicker. The dealer (OWASCO near toronto) changed the thormo coupler and adjusted the flame.

Altitude problem.... I was told by the helpful manager that winabago said the fridge may/would/could not at altitudes above 5000 ft. Was told to either plug frige in or run it on the battery. This to me is unsatisfactory. They also said to leave the window behind the fridge openned for ventalation.

Main Beef.... No where in the manuals or brochures does it say that it will not run at altitude. This is unfair. Apparently,m in the 1997's it is an option to put in the high altitude kit for about 100 cdn.

Story continues.... I told the manager to install the kit and i would pay for it. Then i would do battle with Winabago, VW and norcold. I was told that Winnabago would consider putting in the kit for people living in mountainous regions. Hey, but, that is where i travel to!!!!

Limbo.... Got another call from the manager. They have ordered the parts and now they are considering (Winabago) what action they will take. The manager seem hopeful.

Bottom Line...

We should have been told when we boughtthe van that i would not work at altitude. If i had known about this before hand i would have grumbled but they would have been dealing with me upfront.

The other effect is we had to cut our trip short since the fridge wouldn't work and the van has been in theshop for a week. Chris

PS...I will keep you posted.