Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Aug 1997 23:40:58 -0400
From:         George Averill <averill@LDL.NET>
Subject:      Cool low level warning control unit (84 Digijet)

I have been searching in the Bently VW Vanagon Official Factory Repair Manual for the connections to the Cool low level warning control unit. The electrical system wiring diagram on page 97 shows one wire going to the ground side of the cool temp gage, one wire going to ground, one wire going to location 89 (the "lite" switch, and one wire toing to location 52. So help me, I can't find location 52. Does anyone know it's location. The 85 digijet shows the wire going to the emergency flasher relay. It appears that this is a mistake. I think the diagram should read point 90 instead of point 52. I would appreciate help in verifying this. Thanks in advance.

VW is still in the shop with the dealer. It's been three weeks and they haven't been able to complet the installation of the new engine. Now they say they want to replace the instrument cluster because the temp gage shows hot and the red light wan't stop blinking. Sure hope they haven't overheated the new engine!

George in Columbus, GA (The VW is being worked on in Alabama, and that probably explains the problem. Someone once told me to be careful when traveling West from Georgia; you could drop off the edge of the world! I think I understand what they meant!)