Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 08 Aug 1997 13:28:00 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <drew@interport.net>
Subject:      Re: Projektzwo Raising Kit

But this is stunning news--a Projektzwo raising kit!

This is what I want even more than the new springs and shocks right now. So I will call them and see about ordering a raising kit for the front since I have already raised the rear.

I'll also cc this to get it into the archives.

At 10:55 AM 8/8/97 -0600, you wrote: > SyncroBeast Projektzwo >Hi Derek. > >It sounds like Peter is the expert. Projektzwo has a lowering kit for >standard vanagons, and a raising kit for Syncro's. They use the factory >available shocks. I did not get pricing. It sounds like Projektzwo likes to >deal with more current stuff, T4 eurovans, other watercooled Jetta, GTI, >PAssat, etc. Projektzwo deals in the US with VW Sports, Springfield PA. >phone 703-451-5135. Projektzwo is shipping a Jetta package next week to VW >Sports, and mentioned that parts could piggyback on that if a person acted >swiftly. > >I called VW Sports, they had pricing on T4 Eurovan stuff, but no pricing on T3 >stuff. They are sending me a catalog of Projektzwo stuff. > >I read you report on Peter, and Thomas's reply and the other guy about >springs. I am interested primarily for now, only in the Shocks. That's >'cause mine are shot. (DPO had SyncroBeast for 120,000 miles, and may never >have changed) Springs could come later, unless there was some compelling >reason to get now, such as significant cost savings, and I'm not sure I'd ever >be interested in a "raising" kit. My interest is not to go so heavy toward >offroad capability as a raising kit might imply. > >So where do we go from here. I'm good at digging up info, but little short >on knowledge of how to buy overseas. It occurs to me that the idea of group >purchase is a good one, if we can save some $$, what do you think. > >Ch >'89 Syncro Beast >'87 GTI 16V >'86 Scirocco (SO's) > >p.s. >a usefull reference page, from Bilstein. Note that the T3 shocks are listed >as heavy duty. (and 2 wheel only, Front and Back.) I understand that the >Bilstein back fits the Syncro. >http://home.t-online.de/home/023339870-0002/vw.htm > >p.p.s. >yes, I responded to Thomas's new VW survey address, did you. I figure/hope >that maybe if I "comment" enough times they will let me be a test driver, ???. > Long ago, I put in an order for the first Turbo Scirocco, the first Syncro >GTI, etc, etc, with my dealer, and they never showed. Maybe I can get first >in line for a new Syncro van. It would be nice to see VW regain a decent >position in some of the markets they CREATED. > > > > ___________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY drew@interport.net