Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:31:50 -0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)
From:         Tony Schiebel <Tony.Schiebel@edm.montage.ca>
Subject:      Re: power lock problem

> Hi all: Has anyone had a problem with power locks as follows? If I > unlock the drivers door with a key, the lock opens then quickly relocks. > If I get the door open while unlocked the lock will just go up and down > until I close the door then it locks and stays. If I pull both front > door locks up at the same time, they will stay unlocked (and unlock the > rear doors as well) until one of them gets pushed down then they all > lock and it acts as I first described. The locks worked well until all > at once they started acting this way. I havn't a clue. Thought I'd ask > the list before I started pulling my hair out trying to figure out what > It's doing. Thanks

Hi Todd,

This exact scenerio happened to my father-in-laws van. It turned out to be a buggered power lock motor on the driver door. He needed a new one. One question, does this same behavior happen when you open the passenger door first??? If it doesn't, then it is the motor for sure. This is the third time I have heard of this happening so I wonder if there was a bad run on motors!!!

Good Luck Tony

Tony Schiebel - Senior Systems Analyst >>>>> Tony.Schiebel@edm.montage.ca <<<<< MONTAGE IT Inc. Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Voice (403) 423-4553 Fax (403) 423-7088 http://www.montage.ca