Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Aug 1997 17:12:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:         JCSYNCRO@aol.com
Subject:      Re: Seattle Area (Used Vanagons)

In a message dated 97-08-12 15:10:36 EDT, scottse@microsoft.com (Scott Semyan) writes:

<< Carter does know their VW Vanagons. They also know just how much $$ they can get away with charging for used ones. When I was first looking for a Westie I spent some time in their lots but the sticker shock almost sent me into a coma. But I digress. >>

Right on!!!

When I decided to look for a Syncro Westy, I contacted Carter Motors and asked them to notify me when they found another one. They called me to look at a 90 coming in from Florida with 68,000 miles. I asked them how much they would be asking for it and they said "about $25,500". I was shocked, but they said they would have no problem getting it from someone else if I wasn't interested, and appearantly they got what they asked for it.

It took a year, but I found my '87 at a dealer in Corvallis, Oregon for $14,500.

However, there is a place called Woodinville Automotive near Seattle, that searches the U.S. for Vanagon Westies and will do a custom search for a Syncro if you have the bucks. They quoted less money than Carter VW, but if you really need one and don't have the resources or time to find one, they could come in handy:

206 788-2608

Curt Long