Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Aug 97 12:45:16 UT
From:         "Thomas Niksch" <cct_tom_niksch@msn.com>
Subject:      >syncro< PU Wheel Well Extensions

Betreff: WG: Rubber Wheel Well Extensions

Von: P & J Lander pjlander@ozemail.com.au

Once again for everybody on the list now :

with great thanks to Gerry for restarting the list !!

Phil Lander wrote ================ Hi Tom, Could you please forward this to David Paterson as I do not have his address. ================ Hello David, Tom Niksch referred you inquiry to me about the rubber wheel arch extensions as I modified my syncro last year.

The rubber wheel arch extensions can be ordered from any Volkswagen dealer in the world! If they tell you that they are not available then go to another dealer. Keep looking for a spare parts department that is willing to help and then tell all of your friends to support them. This has worked in Australia!

Here are the part numbers;

Wheel arch trim for vehicles with 14" wheels. (as fitted to the Tri-Star Double Cab Pick Up)

Left front upper 251 853 717A Right front upper 251 853 718A Left front 251 853 719A Right front 251 853 720A Left rear 251 853 817A Right rear 251 853 818A

Wheel arch trim for vehicles with 16" wheels.

Left front upper 251 853 717 Right front upper 251 853 718 Left front 251 853 719 Right front 251 853 720 Left rear 251 853 817 Right rear 251 853 818

The 16" style trim requires cutting about 1" off the trailing edge of the mudguards (fenders?) for about 6".

I used the 16" style as I have 15" wheels with 215/75x15 B.F.Goodrich All Terrains and required a bit of clearance anyway.

If you wish to go ahead with it send me your postal address and I will send photos and fitting instructions.

Phill Lander.

Dreek Drew wrote: But I thought these wheelwell extensions were hard plastic, not rubber ? =============== Actually they are made of Pulyurethane so no real hard plasic. Tom