Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 06 Aug 1997 09:52:09 -0400
From:         "James R. Wetzel" <jrwetz@sunlink.net>
Subject:      Re: Power & Heat

Michael T. DeLessio wrote: > > Hello all, > > On our way back from our weekly pilgrimage from Rhode Island to New > Hampshire in our '84 Westy, we saw a most interesting sight. We were > traveling down 128 (really 95 south), when my girl friend said look at that, > pointing to a enormous 30+ foot motor home trailer that we were approaching. > Never having seen such a large trailer on this road we both stared as we > passed it, what we saw next almost knocked me out of my seat. This huge > motor home trailer was being towed by a ~89 VW Vanagon! The Vanagon was > even keeled and travailing down the road at 65 mph. This came as quite a > shock to me especially since I just spent the last 2 hours in NH trying to > get my unloaded Westy to go up the slightest of hills! Anyway, is the 2.1 > that much more powerful then the 1.9?? What gives here, I've never seen > anything like this and don't know if it's normal. > Next issue, heat. I can't turn the heat completely off in my van. I've > turned the control to the 'cold' setting and made sure the vents are closed, > but the center heating unit under the dash in the middle still heats up and > pushes hot air out around the closed vents. This also happens with the > rear heater, even when the switch is turned to 'no heat' hot air still leaks > out. Is this the price I must pay for heat during the winter, or is there a > way to turn the heat off completely? > > Thanks, > Mike D. > '84 Westy > '97 Passat GLX VR6 > '96 Canaondale F-700 > '95 Cannondale R-600 I think you might be mistaken. The motor home was probably pusing the VW. (Ha Ha)!