Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Aug 1997 18:23:34 -0500
From:         Rob Clay <rob@Traveller.COM>
Subject:      Bus Boys Saga Continues..... But there is hope... maybe....

Hello all: I finally got a return call from Doug Hufnagle? owner of Bus Boys. It turns out he is a dentist, and doesn't even run Bus Boys.... I will admit it was good to finally get some communication started.... Albeit rather weak...

Here's how it went:

He wanted to know if I wanted to hear his story. I said sure. He begins by asking me if I know Jim, when I say yes, he wants to know how. I tell him I don't aactually 'know' him, but that I am familiar with who he is etc....

He then proceeds to tell me how Jim & Bill tried to destroy his company. They stole things out the back door, erased computer files, destroyed records, etc..... Goes on and on about how there is a CASE #, and they're going to jail.... blah blah blah..... Telling me how it's all their fault and BS to that effect. I quickly reminded him that it was his company and therefore he was responsible for the actions of his employees.

(In no way am I trying to slam Jim or Bill, I am just relating what the guy who *stole* from me told me, so take it for what its worth.)

I tell him that is all besides the point and as far as I am concerned it has nothing to with my situation. I think this guy chuckled more during our short conversation than I have in a week... he kept avoiding the real issue. Wanted to talk about company policy etc.. Trying to say it wasn't company policy to credit an account unless they had received the parts back. To that I asked, is it company policy to steal from people? no real response to that one.

Finally, after me asking several times, he says he *can* credit my account instantly, DUH!!! But, does not say he will!! He does say he *wants* to make things right. Yea me too!! Then he wants to call me back, etc.... Conversation ended with him saying he would call me back.

He brought up the internet :) asked if I was the one who had been posting, I told him yes indeed it was me. He wanted to know if I was going to post more, I said yes indeed. He wanted to know what I was going to post. I told him whatever you do is what I will post. no response again.

So, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel. I can only hope!

I'll let you all know what happens.

peace- Rob '77 westy ************************************** * Email: <rob@traveller.com> * Homepage: http://www.bhm.tis.net/~rob * Digital-Phish: http://www.bhm.tis.net/~rob/Digi-Phish.html ***************************************************************