Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Aug 1997 16:34:52 -0600
From:         "Richard Dunsheath" <rjd0111@pop.tamu.edu>
Subject:      Re: Driver-side rear-view mirrors

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep the driver-side rear-view mirror > from closing up against the van body at freeway speeds? The mirror is on an > '84 Vanagon Wolfsburg. I have tried to fix it 3 times with no success. So > far I've replaced the mirror, taken it apart and tightened the inside bolts, > and taken it apart again and used a metal file to try and "rough up" the > metal on the interior pivot ball. Now I'm driving down the freeway holding > the mirror in place (talk about windy!!). Any help will be greatly > appreciated! > > TIA > Donna

In my Vanagon, the PO used what looks to be JB Weld on the inside nut that adjusts tension. I don't have to hold the mirror in place, but you have to move your head, instead of the mirror, to adjust your view. Ron and Kurt both sell new ones for a reasonable price. Rich Bryan, TX 82 Vanagon, San Diego (Sandy) 82 Vanagon, Santa Rosa (Rosie)