Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Aug 1997 21:38:05 -0400
From:         Matthew Bulley <GMBulley@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Buses FS (CT,MA,NY Areas)

<< VW WESTFALIA CAMPER 86, sink, stove, fridge, never used, very good shape, mint, 1 owner, $5000 or best offer. (203) 367-0711 . Bridgeport >>

Vanagoners:

Suzy and I have joined your ranks!!! She will be the one wearing the big grin in her 1976 Bus (almost finished with refirbish). I will be the one in the 1986 Westy.

The owner NEVER USED any of the camping equip. NEVER!!! In fact, he just removed the dessicant packages from the fridge and stove, and all is still covered with VW plastic. : ) He never filled the tanks (H20 or propane). Auto, cold AC, perfect tent, screens, and interior. No rust.

About 9,000 on new pistons, rings, and heads, (by VW). New brakes all around and new exhaust. Brown and tan (okay, so I REALLY wanted the white and white, but...). 88k total miles.

Needs:

New tires all around (current tires by Telly Sevallis), New fuel pump (sat for a year) : ( New Power steering rack : (

Now we just have to get rid of Sue's Toy-Yoda, (so we have some $$$!) and get the parts (are you listening Ron Solomon? Send me a price!).

Yeah! a fridge that doesn't work in the mountains, a drippy heater core, crazy chores: drop the radiator, repaint the lugnuts, flush the water tank out, worry about the head gaskets, watch the temp gauge like hawk, find some magician who can figure out the coolent system flush method, replace the this and the that...tinker, tinker, tinker. : )

Can you tell I am a little excited? We will go up in a couple of weeks to repair/pick up our new (old) VW, pending the condition being as reported on the phone. SOLD! Sight unseen.

My Pop warned me about that...But HIS Pop warned him about building a house on sand, and his place is on the beach in Baja!!!

Gotta go, sleepless night ahead.

gmbulley fairfax, va