Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Aug 1997 23:00:39 -0700
From:         Rick Gordon <rickgo@halcyon.com>
Subject:      re Eurobago (1995) Hits and Misses:

>Eurobago (1995) Hits and Misses: >Please add your own comments! > >After travelling for the first time in our Eurobago we made >comparions between the German and US converted Eurovan. > >Hit: Increased interior room makes it very comfortable compared >to the smaller eurovans. There is still 2.5 feet to walk around >with when the bed is down. >

I know. in the winter rains it was particularly nice - there's actually room to sit in there all night if you have to.

>Miss: Stupid Norcold fridge wouldn't work on propane. It would >also drain the auxiliary battery in an hour or so. The german >eurovan's fridge we have run for days on the battery. >

Another problem with the fridge. I must just be lucky. Were you at altitude? Or would it simply not ignite?

>Miss: Water system. The pump is turned on by a switch and then >a knob is turn on at the sink to allow the water to flow. This >means the pump is on when no water is being used and the pump >seems to be louder than before. Plus, you can no longer see the >water tank. It is hidden under the closet. >

My pet peeve as well. I *hate* that pump. Switch is stupid. They're replaced it with on-demand system in '97 model. Eventually maybe I'll get one from West Marine and replace it myself.

> >Biggest miss: The loss of a dream. It is symbolized by the >stupid fridge. It seems like you are suppose to plug your van >when camping losing the sense of self-sufficiency. May be once >the fridge is fixed we will feel better about this. > once you're on propane the fridge is fine. in the winter, to run the furnace for any length of time you might need to recharge the battery every day.

I'd highly recommend you get a copy of the Winnebago Service Training Manual - it will help understand how furnace works better, has some troubleshooting info for appliances, and is relatively cheap. Part #701674-18-000. (You can see a couple of excerpts up on the EV page I've been tinkering with. http://www.halcyon.com/rickgo/EV/welcome.html)

Also do you want your comments up on the EV page?

-rick

Rick Gordon Bainbridge Island, WA, USA ------------------------------------- rickgo@halcyon.com http://www.halcyon.com/rickgo/ KC7QEG finger for PGP public key fingerprint -------------------------------------