Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Sep 1997 14:47:39 -0400
From:         Carl Turner <CarlMarin@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Python Reman. Parts- the Source

Hey,

I had quite a bit of interest expressed for the Python Injection, Inc's remanufactured parts for Vanagons. I checked at the local parts place where I've been buying this stuff and they were a little coy about giving me an 800 number or national address as they are the exclusive distributers for this stuff in Colorado. I guess thats understandable. As a first choice, I think I would call around to various local import auto parts houses and see if they recognize the Python name, better to deal locally if you can. Failing that though you may proceed to plan B:

So here's the deal. This parts store, called Proline Import Auto Parts, L.L.C. does routinely ship parts out of town, and has done some out of state shipping as well, though this is not their primary business. You may call them at 1-800-445-4366 with your needs and they will be more than happy to send you stuff. You will of course have to deal with shipping the cores back for this remanufactured stuff to get the best price.

Here are some typical prices they have quoted me, (rounded off somewhat)

for 84 Vanagon (My application):

fuel injectors $34 +10 core (Bosch) fuel pump 99 + 35 core (Bosch) ECU $460 + ? core (ouch! still not real cheap!) Air flow box about $260

For late 70's buses the ECU is a much better deal at about $190.

The fuel injectors I bought all had a nice even pattern to them and have been working fine for me, same with the pump. Proline guys report excellent results with the ECU's no problems ever reported. The Air flow box they were not quite as enthusiastic about having had one failure reported.

If you want to write them for some reason their address is as follows:

Proline 225 N. Academy Blvd. Colorado Springs, CO 80909 (719)637-9600 or Fax(719)637-0290 Toll free 1800-445-4366

I have no business relation with these clowns other than to be making their boat payments for them by buying so many parts.

Good Luck,

Carl Turner 84 Westfilthia, et al....

BTW, these Proline guys seem to be able to get a surprising variety of usually dealer only stuff. I just picked up a Clutch hydaulic line with OEM numbers on it for 25 bucks. The dealer wanted $61! (Thats the regular dealer list price, not the double dealer list price I was quoted at the other VW dealer in town. I posted about this earlier. It pays to shop around even at the dealers! Gouging SOBs!)