Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 15 Sep 1997 19:34:49 +0100
From:   Michael Kelly <mjcojmk@FS1.OP.UMIST.AC.UK>
Subject:   Flaming Mercedes drivers

Hi,

in the cross fire i noticed a disparaging remark about MB drivers.

why?

I drive an aircooled 82 pop top van converted by Devon, we use it to play out in, and it happily takes us to France, Belgium, Holland and weekend trips. It does not take me to work my MB C220 does and its great. The first thing i have to do when leaving home is climb 1000 ft, and its not fair to the van, or my wallet to drive a 16mpg van in city traffic, when i eventually get there.

MBs, like VW, last forever; few days ago met a man with 5 tonne MB van with 500,000 miles on and still going strong. Not the first and certainly not the last.

keep on dubbin'

mick

Michael Kelly _=========== Buxton Derbys. /_| |__||__|]| SK17 6NY | | m: 0378 845 253 c-(*)-----(*)-'= ooo e: mjcojmk@fs1.op.umist.ac.uk '82 air cooled devon '97 MB C220