Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Sep 1997 17:27:11 -0400
From:         David Raistrick <xi8940@FREENET.TLH.FL.US>
Subject:      Oct 3rd,Augusta to seattle, confirmed!
Comments: To: Vintage VW <vintagvw@sjsuvm1.sjsu.edu>,
          Type 3 List <type-3@umich.edu>,
          Aircooled Type ii's <type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com>

Hey folks...

A few possibilities came togethor, and its confirmed...Me, and 3 friends are driving the bus, and a ryder truck (with a flatbed with a camaro on it) to Seattle, from augusta!! Truck is paid for, ect ect..

We'll be leaving Friday the 3rd, in the morning...

But....our hoped for return trip isnt completely paid for, since travis used the last of his money paying me for the time i'm missing at work...(hey, i got bills to pay, ya know!!)

Anyway, if any of you need anything delivered from the southeast, we'll see what we can do, for a reasonable charge..

Rough plan:

Leave, Fri, 3rd Get to KC on sunday, crash with dad.

Leave monday,I-29 to I 80, to I 84, to I 82, to I 90....

hopefully make it to seattle by thursday or friday...

Leave seattle mondayish, headed down the coast, towards San Diego....from there, kinda sorta follow 8, 10, 20, home...

Nothing is set in stone yet, (except that we're going...:) and we'd love to meet a few folks along the way.. (oh, we lose the truck and camaro in Seattle...)

Also looking for weather reports along the route, and closed roads, etc...Mountains and all that, you know?

It for now, gotta finish my shed, and start on my brakes...

....david

-- Keeper Of The Light: Pushing Back The Darkness at http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb/west/darkness.html

The Turning 40 Nostalgic VW Service Tour, and Search for the Beginning of Wind http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb/charlie/charlie.html

'75 Retired Westy-Canadian Model, Cody (storage shed) '69 Westy, Itchigo (daily driver) '69 Offroad Beetle, Lifted and Uncut! (project) '81 Rabbit Pickup, Diesel (awaiting frontend transplant)

xi8940@freenet.tlh.fl.us.......Located in Augusta, Ga