Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:28:04 -0500
From:         David Goldberg <goldberg@AUSTX.TANDEM.COM>
Subject:      Type I stuff available from Austin Texas
Comments: To: Type II Mail list <type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com>
Comments: cc: Vintage VW mail list <vintagvw@sjsuvm1.sjsu.edu>,
          VW-World <vw-world@velocity.bc.ca>

All,

There is a guy here at work who is trying to shrink his collection of vintage VW, and other auto parts.

He said that he has a '67 Beetle that ran as of last spring, and as far as he knows it still runs. The only thing wrong with it is that there are a few dings in the fenders, and the door panels are kind of worn. The floor pans are solid, except for under the battery(surprise, surprise, surprise - insert Gomer Pyle voice). I have not seen this mind you, but am going on what he has told me. Generally I trust him to be honest with me.

He has some junk cases, and heads as well, primarily 1200 and 1300cc engines, some may still be good. Unless someone wants some questionable(at best) cases or heads, I guess as cores if nothing else, they will go to the scrapper(I see some potential CCC torches).

This is in Austin Texas.

He says that he would rather see that the parts go to people who will use them, rather than the local VW salvage yard, where they will be sold for the highest price possible. He is not too sure exactly what he has, but will get a list together by next week.

For those who are interested in obtaining a list of what is available, e-mail me direct and I will get a list out to you when it becomes available. Especially those on the VintagVW list as we are not supposed to be selling stuff on the list.

If anyone is interested in the non-vw stuff there are some antique cars, pickups, and motorcycles that may be available, as well as parts for them.

Cheers,

David -- ************************************************************* David Goldberg goldberg@austx.tandem.com 74 Thing "Success lies in achieving the top of the food chain" 79 Westy -- Robert A Heinlein http://www.students.stedwards.edu/~dgoldbe2 *************************************************************