Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Sep 1997 13:37:57 -0500
From:         "R. A. \"Pete\" SELLERS" <sellersp@MIDMONET.NET>
Subject:      THING For Sale
Comments: To: "THING List (Martha)" <busgirl@netcom.com>,
          dwitmer@isisph.com, DCOOPER@kilstock.com, Cindy09876@aol.com,
          PSLOAN@us.oracle.com, djones@packardinc.com, todd@CCSU.EDU,
          scott@dph.com, wolff@.neo.lrun.com
Comments: cc: vanagon@lenti.med.umn.edu

Hope you'll forgive being included in "group-mail" but this is the best I can do to communicate with all who have asked. I've been away; upon my return there were several query-messages waiting.

Several are on this list because others sent me your address, with notice you may be interested to purchase a THING.

I HAVE A THING I'D LIKE TO SELL!!

Since I placed notice that my THING was for sale, I had NO response!! Feel like I missed the "season" to sale it.

Below is the notice I previously posted but got no response, until now.

As an UPDATE, I'm actively in the process of moving. I will be transporting the THING to Saint Louis and will leave it there with associates who are willing to park it until I can get back and go through the steps needed to place it in storage. My preference IS and was to sell it to avoid the deterioration that will occur in storage.

Since I've never neded to place a vehicle in storage, I'm not certain about performing all the measures AND performing all the measures, to an adequate degree.

Now, I don't have the time to do much more than I'm doing to try and preserve the THING.

=================== FOR SALE ================= I'm relocating soon and must do something with "Pete's PLAY THING". Don't have the heart to think about storage after the restoration effort put into it.

I got it near the end of summer '96 and went through a hectic time, list of events & effort to get it roadworthy and respectable-looking. Now it's looking for a new home. :(

Need to settle this as soon as possible.

----------- *********** ----------- I have a '74-THING which is located in the Mid-West (Fort Leonard Wood, MO => south-southwest of Saint Louis).

*** It's being moved to Saint Louis,Mo for pre-storage ***

Will consider transporting or making transfer arrangements.

Rebuilt engine, cleaned fuel tank/line(s), new floor, new carpeting, sound-deadening material, replaced fuel pump, master & wheel Cylinders plus brake pads, seat & upholstery, body-rust removed/repaired, replaced mirrors, door-hinge mirror mounts, fresh paint (body, wheels & bumpers). Includes towbar-with custom front bumper mount, newly refurbished hard top, parts/shop/reference manuals, etc., etc.

Asking $5,500 or best offer =================== END OF FOR SALE NOTICE =================

Since I'm in travel between the old site and the new destination, I don't get to log onto this email site often.

If you'd loe to respond or would like more informaiton your best chance would be to call me and leave a voice-message, if you can't contact me directly.

Regards, --

Pete SELLERS - sellersp@compuserve.com FLW, MO - Voice: (573) 774-1895 / FAX: 336-5128 '74 THING (Pete's "PLAY" THING) '93 Eurovan, MV, Weekender (The Conestoga)