Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:23:32 -0400
From:         Dan Moy <danmoy@HOME.CYNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: bigtime idle problems
Comments: To: Michael Delessio <delessio@HATCH.SONALYSTS.COM>

Have you checked your coolant level? Does the van run ok after it has warmed up? How many miles are on the van?

I don't want to get you alarmed but I had a similar problem with my 84' It turned out to be leaking coolant into the combustion chamber. I started noticing that it always blew white smoke particularly on cold mornings, once warmed up whatever gap there was would shrink and the van would run fine.

Dan