Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Sep 1997 10:42:48 -0500
From:         "Kerry G. Stanley" <kstanley@CAS.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Oxygen Sensor Reset/Syncro

Don't know if this question was ever answered satisfactorily.

The O2 sensor is easy to reset. Look for a small black box attached to the left frame rail, pretty much just above where the front sway bar crosses under the frame rail (you are laying on your back right now!). To the left of the spare tire. From the front of the van, the speedo cable from the dash attaches to this black box. And there is an electrical connector. The speedo attaches towards the top of the small black box and the electricall connector toward the bottom, as looking at it from the front. Another speedo cable goes out from the back side of the black box. This goes to the right side (passenger) of the front CV/differential. On a syncro there is no speedo cable directly to a front wheel. Ok back to the front face of this small black box. To the right of where the electrical connector is attached there is a circular appendage with a button inside that you push in. When you push it in you can hear something inside move (an electrical contact of some sort I guess).

Have fun,

Kerry Stanley kstanley@cas.org '86 syncro 158k

At 3:27 PM 9-3-97, Carl Hansen wrote: > SyncroBeast re: Oxygen Sensor Reset/Syncro >OK, I give up. Now understand I wasn't dressed to crawl under and look last >night, but the spare was out, and the front was up 3 feet 'cause of my efforts >to find better shocks, so I did go look, part way. > >I didn't find it behind the headlight, not under the dash cover, and not >behind the radiator and as far down and back to the back edge of the spare >tire if it had been in there. > >I'm beginning to wonder if the Syncro's have a reset button for the Ox sensor. > Can anyone shed any light on this????? > >Ch > >'89 Syncro Beast >'87 GTI 16V >'86 Scirocco (SO's) >Prior Lake, Minnesnowta > ><snip> > >Okay the Oxygen Sensor Light has been on for a year now and it's bugging me. >Bently says the reset is behind one of the head lights for an 87 Syncro. I >can't find it!? Anybody got any clues as were to look???? >Guy >Wayzata, MN >87 Syncro