Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Sep 1997 22:30:06 -0400
From:         Dave Mancuso <Mancuso@ETOWN.K12.PA.US>
Subject:      1998 Eurovan Portfolio--NEW CAMPER in America?

OK. Here's what I can piece together. This may be all a red herring, but hear me out.

1) My friend who's Service Manager at the local VW dealer says that a new Westy is coming out. I figure he's talking about the Winnebago poptop, since he's not familiar with this model (they don't sell any Eurovans currently). I figure that this dealer is just getting authorized to sell the Winnie poptop like the guys over in the next town have been doing for a couple of years. BUT--he tells me about a new layout that has all the furniture in the back of the van, so that you could open the back hatch and cook standing behind the van (for tailgating). He also said that they may just not have a back hatch for outside access to cooking, but they hadn't decided yet. Sounds like a pretty detailed description, and not for a Winnie.

2) Next, my friend Joe tell me of this link: <http://www.autosite.com/new/detmenus/eurovan2.asp>

I go there, and get this strange description of a Eurovan Portfolio, which asks where the "normal" production Eurovan is. But nothing else is on the page. However, my friend Joe tells me that a few days ago, there was a picture of a poptop Eurovan, a la the MV, on this page with the top popped.

Something's up here, folks. I could be wrong, but is this early warning of a possible new camper? I can't seem to get any more information on this Eurovan Portfolio. Can you?

--Dave

Dave Mancuso Mancuso@etown.k12.pa.us