Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Sep 1997 11:47:42 -0400
From:         Geosh Fathauer <geosh@ANTIOCH-COLLEGE.EDU>
Subject:      BBTA PHOTOS! (first raw batch)
Comments: To: type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com

Greetings-

I've scanned a couple of my photos from BBTA and posted them; I don't have my personal system set up yet, so these are untouched/uncropped photos for the most part, and I haven't yet had a chance to make index/thumbnail photos for these yet. I'll probably be able to do some more next Monday or Tuesday. If you see your bus in one of the photos and want your name/bus name listed in the caption, let me know! The address is:

http://vw.svaha.com

(note the vw instead of www) Or (if you have problems with that one)

http://www.svaha.com/~vw

I had a great time, and now know what I need to bring next time. Half the fun of the caravan was listening in on the CB, and to those who didn't have a CB, I think you missed out :(

I cara-bussed back with Ted Finesman down the back roads of route 50 from St. Louis to Cincinnati. After hearing the incredible stories of how people found busses, crew cabs, and westies, I kept my eyes open along the way; Mostly what I saw were basic 7 passenger transporters. The big shock was in a town called Olney, Illinois (i beleive). There is a foreign auto repair on the south side of 50- the owner must have collected every bug and most of the busses in a 50 mile+ radius! He had four or five rows of bugs going back a acre or so, and a dozen or so busses that I saw! I have his number in my vanagon, I'll post next time I bring it in. If I remember correctly, it was called Crazy 8's or something like that. Unfortunately, being Labor Day, he was closed.

And to top off the bus karma, I got back, and after winning the stupid trick of the month award (reversing the connections on a new fuel pump, and then not being able to figure out why the pump runs, but no fuel is entering the engine), I fixed the wiring and the '77 that hasn't run in an embarrasing amount of time started right up! Yee haw!

So, look for more photos next week... and Bill, if you are out there, send me your address and I'll send you what photos I have and you can take your pick for your article..

Ciao Geosh Fathauer 77 Transporter 71 Transporter 85 Vanagon

All running!