Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Sep 1997 12:07:14 -0400
From:         Chris Turner <JordanVw@AOL.COM>
Subject:      READ THIS..Re:<Syncro/all> fender lip rubber

--------------------- Forwarded message: Subj: Re: <Syncro/all> fender lip rubber Date: 97-09-05 11:57:34 EDT From: JordanVw To: zeidler@ntccsc01du.ntc.nokia.com

Helmut, ok, so tell me if i have this right - a set of 4 plastic/rubber (not the Guidoish lookin chrome ones.. :<) Vanagon fender lips will cost $335 (US) total including shipping from Germany, and we need to send the checks to Martha Rubin, right? When do the checks have to be to Martha?? How long for the fender lips to be shipped to the US??

I'm assuming these are the white colored ones pictured on Coyotes vanagon.com site..right??

So, in assuming this, they are NOT the 2 piece (factory style) ones that are pictured on that yellow syncro on Coyote's site also??...... (the factory ones appear to be fastened to the bottom edge of the door at front, and to the body at rear, while the "Winkler" aftermarket ones just screw/adhere to the fender lip on the body..)

and speaking of installation, do they screw to the body (drill holes..yuk.. :<O) or do they adhere with some sort of adhesive??

AND,... I still would like to know if the body mounted fender lips will conflict with the fiberglass rocker trim found on the '88 '91 vanagon GL/Carat etc...

Please advise all of us on this before we write checks for $335!!!!

thanks- chris