Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Sep 1997 16:34:10 -0600
From:         Gary A Meek <meek@OANET.COM>
Subject:      Yokohama Y370G data

After being fed up with the prospect of replacing my Continental T760 tires for the third time due to tire defects, (the tires were not round; tread would wear more on one side than 180 degrees away. Those Conties were the worst tire I have ever had, with the lowest miles before they wore out. Are there other Conti tire models for the Vanagon that are good?) I've returned the tires to Continental for credit.

I bought the Yokohama Y370 as praised by many list-members. I bought the light truck version, which does NOT have a mileage warranty. The passenger car version has a 60K mile warranty. I was tempted to get the passenger version (presumeably two fewer plies?) in order to get the warranty, as I drive like an old grampa, and would not over stress the tires. In the end, however, I chose the light truck version. It cost CDN$ 107.00 ( US$ 77.00) My only complaint is that the ride seems a lot harder (with 33 psi) in the 13 miles I have put on the new tires. Also, the side wall says that I have the Y370B. Do I have an earlier version, and should I go back and get the suffix "G" ?? Has anyone sufficient experience with these tires to say that they got at least 60K miles out of 'em before they turned bald? (The tires, that is!)

Anyway, the data follows:

Make: Yokohama Y370 light truck tire Size: LT195/75R14 D(B) BTL All Season Part No: 337014050 Weight: 23 pounds Rim width: 5.5 inches Inflated Overall Width: 8 inches Inflated Overall Diameter: 25.6 inches Loaded Static Radius: 11.9 inches Loaded Revolutions per miles: 818 (my speedo face says I need 820 revs per mile) Loaded Section Width: 8.6 inches Maximum Load (at 65 psi): 1710 pounds Tread Depth: 11/32 inch

Gary A Meek Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada

82 Vanagon, turbo-diesel 83 Quantum, turbo-diesel 83 Audi, turbo-diesel