Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Sep 1997 02:49:01 -0400
From:         Chris Turner <JordanVw@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1986 Kombi Syncro
Comments: To: mholser@adobe.com

In a message dated 97-09-10 00:27:48 EDT, mholser@ADOBE.COM writes:

<< Well, a close friend just crashed his diesel Westy, and now I have the opportunity to get a full Westy set-up to schlop onto my 1986 Syncro Kombi.

Should I? I mean, I'd like to have a Syncro Westy, but the prices are stupidly high, and I have this fairly-low-miles Kombi that I paid dirt for. But the Kombi is fairly straight and totally stock -- no offensive additions or options 'cept the 4WD. Vanagon-era Kombis are extremely rare in the US, and I kinda hate to chop a hole in the roof, >>

IMO dont do it!! just as you've said - the thing that makes your van unique is that it is a late watercooled Kombi (a rarity in it's own right) and a syncro to boot!! do you know of any others???? then why destroy a rare original????? believe it or not - Vanagons will become collectable in the near future - especially odd models like yours and mine..

chris '83.5 GL 9 passenger sunroof .....a rarity also.... (when was the last time (or only time) you saw a FULL LENGTH middle seat in a vanagon??...