Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Sep 1997 12:47:00 -0500
From:         Don Gibbons <dgibbons@PRESRAY.COM>
Subject:      Eurovan oil filter Warning

Like all good EV owners I spent last friday nite under it changing the oil and filter. I saw something that I had seen before on Vanagons:

There is an oil cooler on EV's just like the ones on Vanagons. It is held onto its mounting by a large, flat nut. When changing the filter on vanagons it's easy to see/feel if this nut is tight. If its not it will loosen and in time prevent the filter/cooler from seating. Then it will be a mysterious oil leak. Until this nut is tightened no amount of torque on the filter will seal it or the oil cooler seal.

On the EV's next filter change check this nut! Its hard to see but is very important.