Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Sep 1997 20:24:43 -0700
From:         jim ellis <vanbondo@PRIMENET.COM>
Subject:      Weird buzzing noise~Jerome Jamboree
Comments: To: type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com
Comments: cc: vwclassic@earthlink.net

*BS ALERT AHEAD~!* <F>

I have recently been curious about a weird buzzing no matter where I am within the Phoenix Metro area. I have eliminated all of my vehicles as a possible source and have recently passed a hearing test as part of my physical for the new job. Many other people have heard it as well. I finally figured out that it is the buzz of people talking about the upcoming annual Arizona Bus Club event in Jerome.

The "buzz" has it that there will be people attending from: * Iowa, Austin and El Paso, Texas <with threats of killer Chili that only Texans can make!>, * The usual good guys/gals from New Mexico, * Tons of people from all over California <even some CCC members!~maybe>, * Good people from Oregon and maybe Washington * Plus all of the usual whacked out brain surgeons from all over Arizona.

Rumor Report: Possible swimming may occur <limited seating> Something about pinball machines..., A vortex that Sedona can't handle, Someone swears that a bus will be painted at the event, A dog with a tatoo, Possible gourmet food from Northern Cal and Texan Cuisine from Austin, The Vanbondos promise to flap their "Beaver" in the wind <seriously>, A vintage commercial vehicle full of fresh micro brew..., Babies being tossed at "Beano" the Clown, Something about Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman- hmmm..., Someone will buy a bus for *fifty cents.

To find out the truly <mostly> family oriented answers to these intentionally leading questions-you have to make it to the Jerome Jamboree VII, September 20&21, 1997. The event, inspite of my descriptions, is a benefit for The Arizona Childrens Burn Camp. Please attend for fun and a good cause. See Mark Chamber's posts for more serious directions and assistance.

Hey, we drive our airheads off coming to all of the out of State events~ Now it's time to pay yourself back with some Arizona fun. If I can drive the '67 Westy RFH 8000 miles since March coming to many of your events then you all can drive, fly, or hitch hike to gather with the tribe. Grab your Gurus and surf buddies by the beard and drag them over.

*Raffle prizes to include a nice 1965 Kombi as the grand prize will be given away, via random blind drawings, to attendees who choose to purchase tickets for fifty cents ($0.50.) each.

See ya there! -VanBondo\