Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Sep 1997 10:27:16 -0700
From:         jim ellis <vanbondo@PRIMENET.COM>
Subject:      Jerome update~wierdness&fun
Comments: To: type2@bigkitty.azaccess.com

The Arizona Childrens Burn Camp is the charity which benefit from all of the raffles and auctions at next weekend's Jerome Jamboree VI.

The Arizona Childrens Burn Camp held a benefit banquet/auction/raffle this past Friday, 12 September 1997. Several memebers of the Arizona Bus Club attended the banquet and watched all of the big monied folks bid on various items. To my surprise, the club ended up being the winning bidder on a "Petting Zoo for a day." Imagine if you will a room full of the upper crust residents named "Biff Retent III" dressed professionally all with thier surgically enhanced trophy wives and three tables of Merry Pranksters dressed in tie dyed VW T-shirts bidding on barn yard animals. hahahahahaha. Being a family oriented club we some how figured the zoo would be fun for the kiddies... Negotiations are still going on but we all are trying to get the owner of the pot bellied pigs, pygmy ponies, and mini deer to drag them up to Jerome! The owner was freaking out at the prospect of bringing animals to an event populated with "VW Freaks" wearing tie dye clothing and bartering over ancient scrap metal. I'm sure that she thinks that someone will slip the pigs some tainted Kool-aid or something... "I will bring the apple for the mouth if you bring your pig." wouldn't have been a good negotiating line... ;-) All I can say is that this is going to be a fun weekend. -ellis\

Goin to Jerome Soon, Gonna be a petting zoo tycoon, Me and the Pygmy Pony, Over by the dental floss bush...