Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Sep 1997 21:29:34 -0400
From:         Gary Clendening <garyc@SATURN.CAPS.MAINE.EDU>
Subject:      Buses around the Buoy

What a great first experience for B and I with a VW group at Buses by the Buoy. There were 54 vans ranging from '65 to '97 camping in Hidden Pines Campground in Old Orchard Beach this weekend. We were pleased to attend it , thanks to Ric Golen for suggesting we attend.

The program was structured to the newbies like us. We could meet people at breakfast, lunch and dinner! Then in between the boat trips and campfires was more time to chat...four Eurovans make up an army in these circumstances. Can you all just imagine 36 vans caravaning thru a resort town like Old Orchard Beach? It must have been a half mile of three generations of Volkswagen. Great introduction for us to LiMBO and VVO groups.

Now we need a group of maybe four to tour with.

Wish you were here, Gary Gary and Belle from Hallowell, ME '72 Westy (gone to iron oxide) '97 EVC "Flash"