Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Sep 1997 08:04:57 -0400
From:         David Bartolini <davidb@SKYBEST.COM>
Subject:      Re: S&S headers -arrrgh!
Comments: To: Todd Last <Rubatoguy@IBM.NET>

Todd Last wrote: > > I took photos of the system this weekend and should have posted on my web > site later this week. However, after going through the effort of removing > the muffler and fitting the S&S muffler, guess what? It doesn't fit. Well, > it fits but the mounting straps on the muffler point to places with nothing > to mount to. > > Either the muffler does not fit, or the kit I got from the Bus boys was > missing hardware, or the Bus boys shipped me the wrong system. At the > moment my suspicions are that I got the wrong system as the header has > studs mounted near the rear-facing exhaust flanges (where the header mounts > to the head.) for something to bolt to. I don't see anything that would > mount to these studs - unless it is part of the muffler support I'm missing. > > Anyway, I emailed S&S tech support and CC'd the bus boys, I'll post what > the result is. > BTW - the bus boys email was returned by their server saying that they had > "exceeded their quota." Guess they are not reading their mail. > > I did make a temporary bracket to hold the muffler - because that was > easier than reinstalling the original muffler for the moment. Seems to add > a little pep, but it might just be that the replacement muffler is easily > half the weight of the original. > > Todd Last > '88 Westfalia

Hey Todd:

My S&S Turbo muffler fits perfectly. It tucks up under the rear cowling and bolts right into the current braket.

davidb 84 yellow suitcase